TMI 83-76 Elmendorf Tear Tester
Product Ref: TMI 83-76
An automated tear tester equipped with an optical encoder for measuring the angular position of the pendulum during tearing and converting this measurement to tear units.
An automated tear tester equipped with an optical encoder for measuring the angular position of the pendulum during tearing and converting this measurement to tear units. A large, full-color touchscreen display with intuitive, easy-to-use software provides a revolutionary new approach to testing and data review. Tear testing determines the force required to continue the tearing of an initial cut in sheet materials. This method is also used to evaluate strength of perforated materials such as postal reply cards.
AS/NZ 1301.400S, ASTM D 1424, ASTM D 1922, BS 4468, CPPA D 9, ISO 1974, SCAN P11, TAPPI T 414
Film and Foil Testing, Paper and Tissue Testing, Textile and Non-Wovens Testing
Flexible Packaging and Films, Nonwoven and Textiles, Paper and Pulp
Easy-to-use touchscreen interface
The model 83-76 features a dynamic touchscreen user interface that allows for complete user interactivity and instrument control. The 7” full color screen displays a resolution of 800×480 pixels and provides optimal viewability at almost any angle.
Software features include custom test and sample IDs, data export via RS-232 and USB, maintenance/diagnostics menus and more.
Calibration of the pendulum is accessed through the touchscreen interface and is completed automatically in a few simple steps.
- 7” full-color digital touchscreen display
- Storage and editing of up to 200 readings
- Easily interchangeable pendulums
- Pneumatic grips and pendulum release
- Automatic calibration of pendulum
- Multiple data export options: USB flash drive, USB ESC/POS printer, RS232 and GraphMaster™ software
- Selectable units: grams-force, millinewtons, lbs-force, percentage of pendulum capacity
- Onboard statistics (average, min, max, standard deviation)
- Clamp pressure in psi and kg/cm
- Calculates force of multiple plies
- Report printout with optional printer
- 83-76-10 3200 gram pendulum
- 83-76-11 6400 gram pendulum
- 83-76-09 Universal pendulum 200, 400, 800 & 1600 gram pendulums; required calibration weights included
|Selectable units:||Percentage (%), Millinewtons (mN), Grams-force (gf), Pounds-force (lbf)|
|Sample statistics:||Average, High/low results, Standard deviation|
|Additional options:||GraphMaster™ software, Printer|
|Output:||USB flash drive, USB ESC/POS printer, RS232, GraphMaster™ software|
|Power:||120/240 VAC 50/60 Hz|
|Air:||600 kPa (87 psi) - IG4 Instrument Grade Air (ISO Class 1-4-1), ¼” OD tubing|
|Dimensions (WxDxH):||12 in x 12 in x 20 in (305 mm x 305 mm x 508 mm)|
|Weight (approx.):||23 lbs (10.4 kg)|
Catalog number: 83-76