TMI 79-25 Bending Resistance Tester
Product Ref: TMI 79-25
The Bending Resistance Tester Model 79-25 is a user-friendly microprocessor controlled instrument to determine the bending resistance of paper, paperboard, plastic film, medical tubing, and wire.
Model 79-25 is a user-friendly microprocessor controlled instrument to determine the bending resistance of paper, paperboard, plastic film, medical tubing, and wire. Bending stiffness is a characteristic associated with the rigidity of a material. This property is related to the modulus of elasticity of the material's stiffness. Our Bending Tester was originally developed to produce a more concise, consistent measurement for the paper industry. This property is now used in a variety of industries including personal products, paper, flexible films, packaging and non-wovens.
From Messmer Büchel BV, a TMI Group of Companies brand.
ApplicationsCorrugated Testing, Film and Foil Testing, Medical Product Testing, Package Testing, Paper and Tissue Testing, Plastic Testing, Rubber and Foam Testing, Textile and Non-Wovens Testing
IndustriesCorrugated and Board, Flexible Packaging and Films, Nonwoven and Textiles, Other, Packaging, Paper and Pulp, Plastics and Resins
PropertiesBending / Folding / Stiffness
StandardsAS/NZ 1301-4535, BS 3748, DIN 53121, ISO 2493, SCAN P29, TAPPI T 556
TMI Bending Resistance Tester & Optional GraphMaster™ Software
Our two-point method secures the specimen into a pneumatic clamp and bends the sample up to 90° against a force transducer.
What makes our Bending Resistance instrument so unique is its versatility and accuracy. Bending forces are measured at selectable bending angles from 5.0 to 90°. The instrument is available with a 100 or 1000 gram precision load cell. The advanced data acquisition system senses forces down to 0.5g. Materials can range from 5 to 50mm in length, up to 2.5mm thick.
- Very flexible for performing different types of tests and for different standards.
- Pre-certified weights and sample cutter options
- Ability to add special formulas to meet unique bending stiffness requirements
- Competitive advantages for accuracy and usability
- Motorized testing and pneumatic clamping eliminates operator influence
- Choice of 10N or 1000mN load cell
- Min. force sensitivity: 0.5mN with 1000mN load cell
- Selectable bending angle 5.0-90° and test length 5-50mm
- Meets ISO 2493, AS/NZ 1301-4535, BS 3748, DIN 53121, SCAN P29, TAPPI T556
- RS232 serial data output, printer output and analog signal output
- Can be directly calibrated to traceable National standards
- Direct sample to load cell contact for accurate measurement
- Easy selection of test parameters from a comprehensive range through a setup menu
- Motorized test length setting
- Pneumatic clamps with fast release provide consistent clamping pressures for fast, repeatable results
- Large, clear display showing peak value and angle
- Load cells are fitted with overload protection
- Direct data output via RS-232 to printer or optional GraphMasterTM analysis software
- Calculates Taber Stiffness, Youngs Modulus, Gurley Stiffness units.
- Can be directly calibrated to traceable national standards
|Depth:||330 mm (13 in.)|
|Height:||180 mm (7 in.)|
|Width:||330 mm (13 in.)|
|Weight||15 kg (33 lb)|
|Electrical:||Specify voltage requirements when ordering|
|Air:||(instrument quality) 400-600 kPa700 kPa (90 psi) max. supply pressure|
- Clear plastic table for dead weight calibration
- Certified dead weight set to meet ISO requirements
- Sample Cutter
|Load cell||Catalog Number|
|1,000 mN||79-25 (specify 1,000 mN)|