TMI 68-96 DAT Dynamic Absorption Tester
Product Ref: TMI 68-96
Contact angle measurement is an empirical tool for understanding the wetting between a liquid and a substrate. The DAT Dynamic Absorption Tester offers a range of integrated instruments, for research as well as quality control.
Contact angle measurement is an empirical tool for understanding the wetting between a liquid and a substrate. The DAT Dynamic Absorption Tester offers a range of integrated instruments, for research as well as quality control. These instruments enable real-time, automatic analysis at full video speed of the interaction between a liquid droplet and a specimen surface. The time-dependent wetting and liquid penetration correlates to many experienced production problems in surface coating, sizing, printing and adhesion.
From FIBRO System AB, a TMI Group of Companies brand.
StandardsASTM D 5725, TAPPI T 558
ApplicationsInk and Printability Testing, Surface Property Testing
IndustriesPaper and Pulp, Tissue Paper
- Fully automatic, integrated system
- Exchangeable automatic feed systems
- Captures 50 to 1,000 images per second
- Optional Tilt Table
- High precision pump accurate within 0.1 μl
- Precision pulse system for gentle drop application
- Drop application synchronised within 1 msec
- Calibration with ISO certificate
- Full compliance with test methods TAPPI T558 & ASTM D-5725
- Software for Windows XP, Vista and 7 (2 & 64 bit OS)
- Automatic and manual feed systems of "special design"
- Sample feed for automatic measurement of "saturation time"
- The DAT Image Sequencer to characterise fast absorbing rates of tissue and synthetic fibre materials
- Optional Tilt Table for analysis of wetting/de-wetting phenomena as advancing/receding contact angles
- True High-Speed systems capturing up to 1000 images per second
- High-quality lens systems
The DAT instruments are easy to operate and a complete test takes only a few minutes. A specimen is cut to the proper dimensions and put into the feed mechanism. The syringe is filled with the test liquid, and the test can start.
Individual images are captured throughout the test and can be replayed as still images or as an animated sequence. In this way, the operator can control the timing selected with a precision of one millisecond accuracy.
Between each drop, the specimen is advanced automatically until the requested number of drops has been measured. The average result and variation of contact angle (wetting), volume (sorption) and base diameter (spreading) is reported as a function of time.
Easy-To-Use Software Package
All instruments come with fully interactive easy-touse software for Windows XP, Vista and 7 (both 32 & 64 bit OS). The software offers step-by-step instructions for setting up new test profiles that can be stored and recalled easily. Quickly change the reference line, check time, droplet size and pulse stroke – save it; and you have a new test profile. All parameters are easily modified to customise your tests for a variety of liquids and test materials.
Catalog Number: 68-96