TMI 43-62 Falling Dart Impact Tester
Product Ref: TMI 43-62
The Advanced Falling Dart Impact Tester is intended for the determination of mechanical properties of packaging material such as plastic films, laminates and paper.
This new Ray-Ran Bench-Top Falling Dart Impact Tester provides a method for determining the energy that causes thin flexible materials such as plastic film, paper and composite sheets to fail under specified conditions of impact from a free-falling dart. The energy required to tear or puncture the test specimen is expressed in terms of the dart's weight which would result in the failure of 50% of specimens being tested per ASTM and ISO testing standards.
ApplicationsFilm and Foil Testing, Plastic Testing, Package Testing
IndustriesFlexible Packaging and Films, Other, Plastics and Resins
- Complies to ASTM D1709 methods A & B (optional), ISO 7765
- New, easy to use and robust LCD interface with automated ASTM 'Staircase Method' with use prompts and automated analysis. Features fully customizable test method construction and library functions.
- Fully compatible with Techni-Test software (provided with instrument) for graphical display of the staircase analysis and permanent storage of data.
- Drop height as standard 660mm – with method A dart and weights supplied
- Optional Method B Kit consisting of a 1500mm Drop Height, Dart Release Head, Method B dart & weights
- Optional Floor Stand
- Pneumatic clamping system, constant sample tension for repeatability
- Pneumatic actuated dart release mechanism with audible pre-warning
- Electrical interlock safety guard
- Traceable Calibration Certificate
- 1 year return to base warranty
- Weight 35kg, width 40cm, depth 50cm, height 100cm