TMI 32-25 Inclined Plane Friction Tester
Product Ref: TMI 32-25
Slide Angle Friction is a measurement of the angle of inclination at which one substrate affixed to a sled will begin to slide/slip against another substrate of a similar material.
Slide Angle Friction is a measurement of a sheet like substrate such as paper, corrugated, plastic film or paperboard which determines the angle of inclination at which one substrate affixed to a sled will begin to slide/slip against another substrate of a similar material.
During a test, an inclined plane is increased at a rate of 1.5 ± 0.5º per second by an electric motor until the test block begins to slide. The initial movement of the sled is the Slide Angle or Coefficient of Static Friction of the material. When the test block just begins to slide a photo-optical sensor automatically stops the inclined plane and the operator can read the slide angle result.
A variety of factors can affect the Slide Angle measurements including abrasion, coatings, varnishes, printing and most importantly humidity.
- 0 to 80º angle
- Conforms to TAPPI T-815 and ASTM D202 with optional sliding blocks
- Motor-driven elevation
- Simple, low-cost measurement of static COF
- Photo sensor automatically stops the test after initial sled movement
- Measures only Slide Angle or Coefficient of Static Friction
|Depth:||130 mm (5 in.)|
|Height:||280 mm (11 in.)|
|Width:||560 mm (22 in.)|
|Width:||7 kg (16 lb)|
Electrical: Specify voltage requirements when ordering
Catalog Number: 32-25 (COF Inclined Plane Tester)
Sliding blocks (1 required):
- 32-25-02: T-503 sliding block for shipping sacks; 3.5 in. x 4 in., 1260 g.
- 32-25-03: Sliding block for fiberboard; 2 in. x 4 in., 750 g.
- 32-25-04: D-202 sliding block for electrical insulation paper; 2.5 in. x 3 in., 235 g.
- 32-25-05: T-548 sliding block for printed paper; 2.5 in. x 2.5 in., 200 g.
- 32-25-08: 1.5 in. x 3.5 in. sled for COF; 500 g.
- 32-25-12: T-815 sliding block for fiberboard; 3.5 in. x 4 in., 1300 g.
- Custom sliding blocks available upon request