HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester
Product Ref: HT-1XS
Touch Screen Precision Hot Tack Tester for determination of the hot tack seal strength of flexible packaging materials, to ASTM F1921.
In vertical (VFFS) and horizontal (HFFS) form-fill operations, heat seals are often subjected to forces whilst still hot. If the hot seals are unable to resist these forces then unsealed areas or holes into the package can occur during the process. The RDM HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester measures the strength of hot seals enabling selection and compliance testing of suitable flexible materials for packaging applications. Precise control of sealing process variables (temperature, pressure, and time) in production then enables an optimal balance between material specification, packaging machine speed and seal integrity.
Accuracy and repeatability in laboratory heat seal testing is vital, and the HT-1XS provides the technology and reliability to deliver time after time. The HT-1XS seals and then immediately measures the peel strength of the hot seal. An intelligent controller and touch screen user interface provide test setting options, and allows multiple settings to be stored for later recall. Resulting graphs and data of load v time and load v temperature can be viewed, printed and exported to spreadsheets / SPC systems.
Testing is performed in accordance with ASTM F1921. The RDM HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester is used by leading film producers and converters across the world, and is backed by our direct support offices and by our trained service partners worldwide.
- Fully automatic, repeatable, and independant of user error
- Choose heat sealing bar configuration, either single (upper) or dual (upper & lower, meets ASTM F2029)
- User can easily change sealing bar for various surface areas or surface finishes
- Accurate and repeatable seals due to precision ground sealing faces and advanced jaw guidance system
- Versatile applications for flexible materials, films, foils, laminates, coated papers
- Low Maintenance - 12 months between calibrations
- 5.7" touch screen controller for precise control of temperature, pressure and dwell time
- Memory recipe function for quick and accurate recall of settings
- Precise pressure calibration of standard surface area jaw face
- Jaws constructed in aluminum and silicon with precision ground faces
- Range of jaw face surfaces including Matched Crimp and Teflon Coating
- Touch Screen Panel: LCD, 256 colour QVGA, 320 x 240 pixels, 14.48 cm diagonal viewing. Touch screen, analogue resistive (gonze) with serial controller. Processor geode SC2200. 266 MHz MMX compatible. 64 Mb Dram main memory.
- Heat Sealing Process: Temperature range – ambient to 250 deg. C +/- 1 deg C reading to 1 deg C, RTD input (deg F can be selected via the screen). Pressure range – 0 to 100 psi +/- 5 psi (other units can be selected via screen). Dwell Time range – 0 to 99.999 sec +/- 0.1 sec. Heat sealing head pneumatically operated to extend for heat sealing cycle and then return to rest position. Ensures heat is not influencing seal whilst waiting for pull cycle or when cold peel test option selected.
- Sealing Jaws: Heated upper and lower ground flat aluminium jaws 25 x 50mm, supplied as standard. Jaws have an interchangeable feature which enables crimp jaws or custom-ised jaws to be fitted. Alignment of jaws made through spring mounted lower bolster. Teflon coating of jaws is an option.
- Hot Tack Measuring: Load cell ‘Z’ bend strain gauge range - 2000g or 5000g (20N or 50N) +/- 0.25%. Pull speed range – 1mm/sec to 1000mm/sec. Manual or automatic return of cross arm to start position. Maximum cross arm travel – 100mm. Travel indication shown on main display panel in mm. Delay on pull range – 0 to 99min 99sec.
- Film clamps: Left and right pneumatic clamps synchronised with pulling operation.
- Cold Peel: Allows seal to completely cool and cure before pulling operation takes place producing cold seal strength measurement. Cooling Range – 0 to 99hrs 99mins 99sec.
- Safety Guard: Micro-switch controlled guard in position feature.
- Environment: 5-50C ambient operating temperature, RH 75% max (non-condensing)
- Power: 110V AC or 230V AC 50/60 Hz 1000W
- Weight Drop Test: The machine can be used in comparison work using drop weights attached to the free end of the sample seal, weights are optional.
- Accessories supplied: 1000g calibration weight. 25mm x 350mm sample seal template
- Options available: Crimp jaws 25 x 50mm, 120 deg x 1.8mm pitch. Teflon coating to sealing jaws. Silicone rubber covered lower jaw. Drop weight set.
HT-1XS Hot Tack Tester meets the following standard, click on the link to purchase the standard ASTM F1921.
RDM Test Equipment have set the standard in precision and reliability for over 30 years. Please Contact Us and we'll work with you to understand your requirements and provide a solution.